In this blog post, we are going to talk about how to tell if a girl likes you over text.
Firstly, it is important to point out that when you are in a text conversation with a girl, it is very important that you do not keep texting back and forth without asking her out on a date. As long as she is giving you positive signals that she likes you, then you need to tie her down to a commitment quickly. Don’t let the interaction lose momentum. Don’t leave her wondering whether you are into her or not. You always want to go for the date when the proverbial iron is as hot as possible. So when you get those buyer signals, GO FOR IT. So let’s talk about how to tell if a girl likes you over text.
First concept we have to talk about is investment. This is a very important concept in texting (and in relationships in general). It is about how much you are about the outcome and how much you put into something. The ideal scenario is 50-50. You don’t want to be over investing in the girl. So you need to understand how invested the other person is in to you, and mirror their level of investment.
Many factors will influence her level of investment:
- How long were you speaking before you got her number
- How much physical time have you spent together
- What other guys she has in her life
Warning signs that she has low investment (and hence you shouldn’t ask for the date just yet)
- She takes a long time to respond to you
- She doesn’t always respond
- Her texts are brief and consist mostly of emoticons than real content (low investment Lol’s, haha or smiles to keep conversation going)
- She doesn’t make an effort to keep the conversation going
- She doesn’t ask about you or give further details about herself
- She seems to cool off, or perhaps doesn’t respond when you ask her out or want to meet her in person
And this will usually happen if you got her number in a rush and spent little time talking to her, if she hesitated to give you her number in the first place. So in this scenario, you have some work to do before you can ask for the date. You need to wait until you get enough investment from her (signs she is ready for a coffee date). You need to use more connecting and teasing texts to build interest from her. When she is ready, you stick to coffee dates and cocktails after work.
So how to tell if a girl likes you through text? Signs she is ready for the date..
- Regularity of texts
- If she responds relatively quickly and at decent length
- She offers you details about her life that you didn’t ask for
- She ask YOU questions, asks about you
- She teases or flirts with you
- If you went on an instant date together or discussed meeting in person during initial interaction.
The other way you can tell if she likes you through text is if she sexually qualifies herself to you:
- like drawing attention to her physical fitness – she is gym bunny, she is just getting into jogging, she loves to do yoga
- drawing attention to her attractiveness – she has just got a manicure, new pair of heels
- qualifying herself in some way- What a great cook she is, that she loves dancing, loves football
Note: if she is putting lots of kisses or calling you affectionate names (babe, honey), you may well be friend zoned. Girls will often be a little more coy with guys they’re really into. Too much affection early on suggests that she is very comfortable with you and sees you as a mate.
Note also that everything we have mentioned are just guidelines, and not hard and fast rules.
As mentioned, the timing of when you escalate is important. If you are getting a warm response, you always want to escalate the interaction and meet in person. You focus on setting up the date scenario before arranging logistics.